How to Pass the NYPD Written Exam
The NYC Police Officer's Entrance Exam has approximately 85 questions covering 9 cognitive abilities topics (see below.) The test time allowed is 2.5 hours.
The NYPD wirtten test is administered by the Department of Citywide Administrative Services and is one of the early steps required in order to move forward in the hiring process.
Questions Included on the NYPD Exam
The NYPD written test includes questions on the following topics.
- Memorization (study a photo for 5 minute)
- Reading Comprehension (aka Written Comprehension)
- Written Expression (aka Writing Abilities, Grammar, etc.)
- Reasoning - Deductive
- Information Ordering (aka Semantic Ordering)
- Spatial Orientation
- Reasoning - Inductive
- Problem Sensitivity
How to Prepare for the NYPD Exam
Get yourself an updated, online prep course with the following included:
- All the NYPD test subjects are covered in detail
- Stimulating Tutorials that teach inside tips for scoring high
- Hundreds of Practice Questions available online
- Bonus material:
- Managing Your Job Search
- How to Not Fail the Polygraph
- Best Practices for the Psych Exam
- How to Impress at the Oral Interview
- Mobile-friendly, lifetime access, one-time fee
- Personal support from a veteran cop and police recruiter.