How to Pass the LEAB Police Exam
The Law Enforcement Aptitude Battery (LEAB) is published by EB Jacobs and used by many Police departments in the U.S. Notable users include the New York State Police and the New Jersey State Police. The test was expanded in 2017.
The 3-hour, 40-minute exam is made up of three sections: Cognitive Abilities Test, Work Styles Questionnaire, and Life Experience Survey. The exam lasts for 3 hours. It consists of multiple-choice questions and two behavioral assessments.
Questions Included on the LEAB
Cognitive Abilities Test
The LEAB Cognitive Abilities Test consists of 48 multiple choice questions on cognitive skills:
- Information Ordering
- Problem Sensitivity
- Reading Comprehension
- Reasoning - Deductive
- Reasoning - Inductive
- Written Expression
Work Styles Questionnaire
The Work Styles Questionnaire is designed to assess certain motivational, value-related and attitudinal characteristics. It contains 173 statements. Each statement is followed by a five-point agreement scale: Strongly Agree (1); Agree (2); Not Sure (3); Disagree (4); Strongly Disagree (5). Applicants mark the number that best reflects your attitudes, actions, preferences and opinions.
Life Experience Survey
The Life Experience Survey consists of 108 multiple-choice questions related to your past history and experience. Many exams refer to this as Bio Data.
How to Prepare for the LEAB
Get yourself an online prep course with the following included:
- All LEAB cognitive subjects are covered in detail
- Engaging tutorials teach you how to score high
- Hundreds of practice questions available
- Tutorials & Practice questions to guide you through the:
- Work Styles Questionnaire and
- Life Experience Survey
- Bonus material:
- Managing Your Job Search
- How to Not Fail the Polygraph
- Best Practices for the Psych Exam
- How to Impress at the Oral Interview
- Mobile-friendly, lifetime access, one-time fee
- Personal support from a veteran cop and police recruiter.
The BEST prep course on the market is LEAB QuikPrep Course.