How to Pass the CPS-HR Police Exam
The CPS-HR Entry-Level Law Enforcement test is a comprehensive police written exam that is used across the country. There are 100 questions with a 2-hour time limit. Applicants are given a study booklet for the first 10 minutes that contains articles and images, like crime posters, that you will be tested on in the Observation and Memorization section of the test.
The CPS-HR covers the following 4 subject areas:
- Observation and Memory
- Written Communications / Report Writing
- Reading Comprehension
- Reasoning / Analytical Ability
The section called "Reasoning" is more commonly referred to as "Problem Solving," and the section called "Analytics" is more commonly known as Spatial Orientation (maps and diagrams) in most police exams.
How to Prepare for the CPS-HR
Get yourself an online prep course with the following included:
- All CPS-HR cognitive subjects are covered in detail
- Engaging tutorials teach you how to score high
- Hundreds of practice questions available
- Tutorials to guide you through the cognitive questions
- Bonus material:
- Managing Your Job Search
- How to Not Fail the Polygraph
- Best Practices for the Psych Exam
- How to Impress at the Oral Interview
- Mobile-friendly, lifetime access, one-time fee
- Personal support from a veteran cop and police recruiter.
The BEST prep course on the market is CPS-HR QuikPrep.