LESI - Law Enforcement Screening Inventory
Many agencies will tell you that they use the LESI for their written exam. The abbreviation can be confusing, as LESI can mean Law Enforcement Selection Inventory (an exam format). LESI® (Law Enforcement Services, Inc.) is also a professional consulting firm serving law enforcement, corrections and public safety agencies that markets the "LESI" test to police forces. If your agency tells you that they use "LESI," here is what it includes.
LESI combines two types of testing: one for cognitive abilities and another for personality traits. The cognitive questions are essentially the same as those found on the NPOST. The NPOST is a popular entry-level, basic skills test that measures these cognitive abilities: Arithmetic, Reading Comprehension, Grammar and Incident Report Writing.
Agencies Using the LESI
Notable locations where you will find the LESI include:
How to Prepare for the LESI
Get yourself an online prep course with the following included:
- All NPOST cognitive subjects are covered in detail
- Training for psychological and personality training
- Stimulating tutorials teach you how to score high
- Hundreds of practice questions available
- Bonus material:
- Managing Your Job Search
- How to Not Fail the Polygraph
- Best Practices for the Psych Exam
- How to Impress at the Oral Interview
- Lifetime access for a one-time fee
- Personal support from a veteran cop and police recruiter.
Here is the best course on the market already includes training for the personality assessment found on the LESI.
NPOST Quikprep Course