How to Pass the NPST Police Exam
The National Police Selection Test (NPST) is a police written exam published by FPSI (Fire & Police Selection, Inc.) It is also referred to as the FPSI written exam. The test is used to measure candidates’ ability to effectively work with the public and other members of their department in addition to reading comprehension, writing ability, mathematical reasoning, and reasoning/analyzing skills.
The NPST Police test contains two sub-tests. You will be allotted 3 hours to complete the written test.
Questions Included on the NPST
This section contains 44 questions. You will be tested on your ability to correct wording, grammar, spelling, punctuation as well as ease of understanding.
This section contains 58 questions designed to measure your ability to work under stressful conditions, integrity, ethics, decision-making, self-control, the ability to maintain confidentiality, interpersonal skills, teamwork, ability to follow rules, demonstrating respect for others
How to Prepare for the NPST by FPSI
Get yourself an online prep course with the following included:
- All NPST sections are covered in detail
- Engaging tutorials teach you how to score high
- Hundreds of practice questions available
- Tutorials & Practice questions to guide you through the:
- Non-cognitive, situational judgement questions
- Bonus material:
- Managing Your Job Search
- How to Not Fail the Polygraph
- Best Practices for the Psych Exam
- How to Impress at the Oral Interview
- Mobile-friendly, lifetime access, one-time fee
- Personal support from a veteran cop and police recruiter.
The BEST prep course on the market is PoliceExam911.