How to Pass the LST Police Exam
The Law-Enforcement Officer Selection Tool (LST) is published by I/O Solutions and administered by Public Safety Testing (PST). It is used by many Police departments in Alaska, Oregon, Washington State and Idaho.
The 3-hour, 40-minute exam is made up of three sections: Cognitive Abilities Test, Work Styles Questionnaire, and Life Experience Survey. The exam lasts for 3 hours. It consists of multiple-choice questions and two behavioral assessments.
Questions Included on the LST
Cognitive Abilities Test
The LST Cognitive Abilities Test consists of 70 multiple choice questions on cognitive skills:
- Reading Comprehension
- Written Expression
- Reasoning - Deductive
- Reasoning - Inductive
- Information Ordering
- Flexibility of Closure
- Spatial Oreintation
These fall into two main categories: work styles (personality) and biographical data. Your predisposition to respond to people and situations in a given way is your style or personality. These traits have been developed in you over a long period of time and are considered to be very stable. Your biographical experiences are those experiences in your life that result from your abilities, interests and personality.
Many exams refer to this as Bio Data.
How to Prepare for the LST
Get yourself an online prep course with the following included:
- All LST cognitive subjects are covered in detail
- Engaging tutorials teach you how to score high
- Hundreds of practice questions available
- Tutorials & Practice questions to guide you through the:
- Work Styles Questionnaire and
- Life Experience Survey
- Bonus material:
- Managing Your Job Search
- How to Not Fail the Polygraph
- Best Practices for the Psych Exam
- How to Impress at the Oral Interview
- Mobile-friendly, lifetime access, one-time fee
- Personal support from a veteran cop and police recruiter.
The BEST prep course on the market is LST QuikPrep Course.