FBI Police Officer Exam
Now, more than ever, FBI Police Officers play a crucial role in the mission of the FBI. They help keep the Bureau secure by providing protection to FBI personnel and property.
The FBI's Police Officer Selection System (POSS) is a challenging process designed to find only the most capable applicants. However, those who make it through the process become part of an elite team working within the FBI. The POSS typically takes a year to complete, but can take longer.
FBI's Police Officer Selection System (POSS)
The FBI's Police Officer Selection System (POSS) is a challenging process designed to find only the most capable applicants. However, those who make it through the process become part of an elite team that are responsible for the protection of our personnel and assets. The POSS typically takes a year to complete, but can take longer.
The first step in this hiring process consists of a 45 minute written exam, followed immediately by a 1 hour oral, Panel Review. The FBI does not publish a study guide, so until now, applicants have had few resources to help them prepare.
Questions Included on the FBI Police Officer Exam
According to the FBI's web site, the written test will evaluate the competencies listed below:
- Initiative and Motivation
- Stress Tolerance
- Interpersonal Abilities
- Attention to Detail
- Judgment and Problem Solving
- Adaptability and Flexibility
- Writing Skills
A 1 hour, Panel Review by two-to-three Police Officer Assessors.
How to Prepare for the FBI Police Officer Exam
Based upon my years of experience, I know the most common law enforcement tests used to measure these competencies are: Situational Judgement Tests (SJT) and Incident Report Writing.
You also need to prepare for the one-hour, Panel Interview as this is a critical opportunity for candidates to express themselves and demonstrate why they will be an outstanding addition to the FBI's security team.
- Situational Judgment, Writing and Interviewing are included
- Engaging, multimedia tutorials show you how to score high
- Dozens of practice questions prefect your skills
- Bonus material:
- Best Practices on Personality Profiles
- How to Not Fail the Polygraph
- Best Practices for the Psych Exam
- How to Impress at the Oral Interview
- Mobile-friendly, Lifetime Access
- One-on-one Support from a Veteran Cop and Police Recruiter